Before you can purchase a home you need to know how much home you can afford. It is the loan officer’s role to assist you in obtaining a loan. The loan officer will:
- Counsel you on the loan programs and financing options that best meet your needs and requirements.
- Determine your qualifying ability based upon your present income, debt load and available assets.
- Review your credit report for accuracy and for items that may need to be addressed before a contract is signed.
- Provide you with a written letter of pre-qualification and/or pre-approval commitment letter.
- Once the lender has received a ratified contract, the lender will order an appraisal to determine the value of your home.
- Your lender will obtain documentation from you, from the credit bureau, the appraiser, your insurance company and the ratified contract to coordinate the final approval for your loan
Contact Athena and she will assist you in find ing lenders that will guide you through the loan process.